Monday, June 1, 2009

Salsa Fresca

I got a new blender with a food processor attachment last week and have been whipping up smoothies like crazy ( I have an awesome experimental one planned for tomorrow, so check back!), but I had yet to use the processing attachment. I've been dreaming up ways to use the food processor ever since I got it, so I was pretty excited to create my first recipe.

It was really pretty basic and didn't take long to prepare, but I guess that's where the food processor comes in handy. I had purchased a little champagne mango a while ago with plans to use it in something exotic, and this seemed like the perfect time! Plus it was getting a tad overly ripe, so it was now or never for my creation: Mango Lime Salsa!

Raw Ingredients--

Cut into chunks
And hit "Pulse!" I added the onions first, so they would become more refined, and then the other ingredients. Along with the tomatoes, mango and onion, I added a squirt of lime juice, a couple dashes of red wine vinegar, salt, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, oregano and cilantro, all to taste. 


It was really pretty good, if I do say so myself. And the husband said so too, which is the real stamp of approval!I served it for dinner over some grilled tilapia fillets with baked sweet potatoes and asparagus. 

Luckily, we didn't eat it all, so we have super delicious leftover salsa for the week. Yummm...

No comments:

Post a Comment