Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Homemade Granola

My recipe:
  • 1/2 c. quick oats
  • 1/2 c. 6-grain blend
  • 2 tbs. slivered almonds
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 squirts of sugar free maple syrup

Mix all dry ingredients, including cinnamon together and then mix in the maple syrup plus 1 tbs. water. So easy! Squeeze mixture together to form clumps, and spread on a baking sheet (sprayed with Pam first!).

I baked mine for 30 minutes and I think I almost burned it, so I would recommend baking at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, stirring twice.

It came out a nice golden, crispy brown and smelled up my house in the most amazing way!I mixed the granola pieces with puffed rice and FiberOne to add some volume, and it turned out totally tasty!

Here is my fabulous granola creation over greek yogurt with some lovely blueberries.

I didn't end up using the raisins or prunes in the first picture. For some reason I totally forgot. But I reasoned that I could always throw them in later in different combinations with dried apples or bananas for variety. This recipe really is very basic, and you could create tons of variations. If you try it on your own, be sure to let me know what you came up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment