Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Peanut Butter and Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl

Ok, I was super stoked to try this. I thought, what could be better than two of my favorite things (cinnamon and peanut butter) combined?


Well, unfortunately, I can think of a few things that might be better than this. The peanut butter is pretty runny with a slightly granular texture.

Pretty faint cinnamon taste--mostly just tasted sweet, and not too peanutty either. There are real raisin pieces in there which is kind of cool, but even after stirring, they were few and far between. The cinnamon flavor grew a little stronger by the end, but I was still a little disappointed by the lack of any strong flavor besides sugar. maybe my tastebuds just aren't sensitive enough?

Just to be fair, I gave it another shot later on in the day. I figured if I stuck it in the fridge for a bit, it might harden up, but no such luck. I was also thinking that maybe I had just tried to taste-test too early in the a.m. and perhaps my tongue wasn't fully awake at 5:30 (good grief, who gets up that early anyway??), but sadly, the PB was still less than I had hoped. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to try again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment