Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dreary Day Baking

Today was a dreary, rainy-ass day in the SLC, so it seemed like the perfect excuse to make cookies. I've been dying to try a variation on the Super Charge Me Cookies that have gained such a cult following, plus I needed a way to use up the horribly disappointing PB and Co, so here's what I came up with:
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 2/3 very scant c. whole wheat flour according to Dreena's advice
  • sprinkle of salt
  • sh*zload of cinnamon
  • handful of jumbo raisins
  • 4 cherry flavored prunes, chopped
  • 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chippies
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 c. wheat bran ( I subbed this for the flax meal since I didn't have any)
  • 1/2 c. maple syrup
  • Huge glob (about 3 tbs.) Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce.
No, I did not eat a chunk of that batter....ok I did...

...and I most definitely ate one of these! The cookies turned out super yummy and I haven't been able to keep my hands off them today!Hubby liked them too and compared them to a Cliff bar, "only less chewy and better." Awesome. He's so supportive :)

I can see where these would benefit from the addition of nuts, so I will have to try one of the many ideas swirling around in my head (cranberry milk chocolate cashew??). Does anyone else have a favorite variation?

No comments:

Post a Comment