- 1 cup quick oats
- 2/3 very scant c. whole wheat flour according to Dreena's advice
- sprinkle of salt
- sh*zload of cinnamon
- handful of jumbo raisins
- 4 cherry flavored prunes, chopped
- 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chippies
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c. wheat bran ( I subbed this for the flax meal since I didn't have any)
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- Huge glob (about 3 tbs.) Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce.
...and I most definitely ate one of these! The cookies turned out super yummy and I haven't been able to keep my hands off them today!Hubby liked them too and compared them to a Cliff bar, "only less chewy and better." Awesome. He's so supportive :)
I can see where these would benefit from the addition of nuts, so I will have to try one of the many ideas swirling around in my head (cranberry milk chocolate cashew??). Does anyone else have a favorite variation?