Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ummm...

Being the experimentarian that I am,Browsing offbeat little food markets is one of my favorite pastimes, and my husband is indulgent enough to come with me every once in a while like he did this evening. We saw a teeny tiny cottage called Pirate O's that specializes in cheese and other gourmet items. they're known for their Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, which is quite delicious. You never know what you'll find at a place like this, and tonight I found this gem:

Ok, maybe I'm just immature, but I thought it was hilarious. I'm not usually one for potty humor, but c'mon! How can you not laugh at this?! I guess it's some sort of tinned sponge cake. You'll notice, it's also microwaveable...how convenient--and quite the bargain at $5.75!

Hubby joked that I should get some to try for the blog, but I just don't know if I could bring myself to eat it--I'd be laughing too hard :)

I did, however, get several other items for my experiments, which shall be appearing shortly. None quite so comical.
P.S. If you live in Utah, you absolutely must stop at this place--it's a spectacular mecca of strange and international foodstuffs that I guarantee you won't find at the local WalMart!

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog.... love the name by the way.

    Thout I would give you the 411 on the "Spotted Dick" in a can. Spotted dick is actually an English dessert that is really delicious. It is kind of like a fruit cake, but not hard and gross. It is really delicious. Warm custard sauce is served on top and is to die for!

    My family has this every year for Christmas dessert and while my family does not have potty humour in the slightest, there are quite a few jokes about the 'Spotted Dick' thrown around.

    It also is supposed to be homemade, not out of a can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Meaghen and for checking out the blog! I agree--it didn't look half bad. I think I would prefer to try a homemade version over the canned stuff though :)Custard sauce sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete