Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Points of Interest

First of all--great news everybody! I busted my 5-mile run barrier this afternoon! Yippee! In fact, not only busted, but rather "smashed" as I actually went a liiiiiittle bit farther than 5, even. Now, I have never been much of a runner, but lately I haven't been able to turn down the idea of a run when gym boredom creeps in. Perhaps it's the draw of outdoor activity when it's so sunny and gorgeous outside...especially after sitting in my office all day?

I've been going on brief runs here and there over the last month or so, and my longest one to date was about 4.5 miles last Friday. Hey, I'm trying not to kill myself here! Anyhoo, I had the bright idea to run home from work today, so that's exactly what I did. I told my co-worker who lives nearby to keep an eye out for me on her way home in case I was lying on the side of the road in a state of shock/exhaustion/heat stroke/being run over, popped in my earbuds so I could rock out and hit the pavement. 5.12 miles later, I was home sweet home. Awesome!

I have been contemplating doing a 10k in a few weeks--after all, it's only 1 more mile. We shall see....

The other thing I wanted to mention is just to show some blogger love for this article written by Katherine Younger from Kath Eats. Y'all probably read her bloggie already if you're as nuts with this hobby as I am, but I wanted to post a link because I think she speaks with a great deal of insight on her subject here. The article is on eating styles and basically being true to what works for your body and not getting caught up in diet comparison or competition. Read please.

No foodie photos for today, just a mini update on what else I'm experimenting with currently. xoxo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment