Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jam Frakas Strawberry Flavor

I actually wasn't too impressed with this bar. It tasted kind of plasticine for some reason. The ingredient list seemed wholesome enough: (All organic)strawberries (Strawberries, Evaporated cane juice), cashews, dates, rice crisps, raisin juice concentrate, sea salt, honey and safflower oil.
3.5 g fat, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. A little less substance than I usually like in my bars, but it felt like a decent snack size. And while the other stats weren't stellar, the bar does contain a surprising 15% dv of your vitamin C--who knew?

The bar was nice and chewy and had chunks of strawberries scattered throughout. I have a couple other flavors of this brand to try, so hopefully those will be a little more delicious. I love Lara bars and these are made under that brand, so I had high hopes. Oh well. Maybe second (or third) time will be the charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment