We're having a housewarming party this weekend, and I'm uber-excited. I've never actually had a party before, so it will be interesting to see if anyone shows up. I'm kind of nervous about it! I wish all of my bloggie friends could come, cuz that would be one high-larious (and delicious) get together for sure! I know one gal who's stopping by, and anyone else who's local is totally invited, too.
Anyhoo, even with all the fun recipes and products I've been testing lately, I was really having trouble thinking of something to fill my Freaky Food Friday post this week. Luckily I had a very special helper. You guys probably know how much I adore my husband since I hardly ever call him by his real name--usually it's sweet face or cutie pie or something along those lines. He is amazing. But you may not know how much he loves me. Here's how much:
- My baby loves me so much that he will bring home two different types of ice cream from the store just to make sure he got the right kind.
- He loves me so much that he will make me tea or a special EmergenC concoction when I call him to tell him I'm on my way home after a long day.
- He will give me a back/shoulder/neck/foot rub any time I ask him or give him a pouty lip face.
- He will always eat what I make him even if it's weird or new or doesn't have any meat in it.
- He listens to me cry, mope and bitch about my work, my food and my body and never once has told me just to suck it up.
- He offers me never-ending support in everything I do, whether it's cooking a new dish, running a 10k, taking a yoga class, starting my blog or working through the most tedious parts of recovery.
- He will wander around Target with me for an hour while I try to decide which eye shadow I want.
- And when I mention that I have NOTHING for my Freaky Food Friday, he will go to our local whackadoodle Pirate ship, I mean shop, on his lunch break and find me the weirdest damn food he can think of.
Luckily, he also got me some of this Love Potion number 69
with very creative/dirty/borderline inappropriate messages on the bottle (yeah, that's definitely what she said!).
And also this big hunk of chocolate bar. What do you mean it's not for girls??? Well, it most certainly is, because I had a little piece and even shared it with my own hunk. It was quite delicious! I'm guessing a biscuit is like a cookie because that's what was sprinkled throughout this bar, along with little chunks of yummy raisins and loads of chewy and dense chocolate. So good! Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be sampling the Love Potion a little later on this weekend. I'll let you know if it works (*wink*)!
P.S. My husband also loves me so much that when I come home with RED hair after 5 hours at the salon for pete's sake, the first thing he does is give me a BIG kiss! Guess we won't be needing that love potion after all...
Love you baby! Happy weekend everyone! Fun plans? xoxo