Friday, September 18, 2009

Freaky Food Friday Round Five aka I Smell Bacon

Happy Friday everyone! Welcome to another round of Freaky Food-ness. If you thought last week was a crazy combo, you're in for another doozy today!

This bar was beensy, but was on sale for $2--my sis was kind enough to holla when she found it, so you know I had to get it! Even though I was a little apprehensive about this one ( I mean, I don't even really eat regular bacon, turkey only please), I'd heard of this combo before, so I was all about snagging one.
OMG I could totally smell the bacon! Unwrapping this bar smelled like waking up to breakfast on a Sunday morning!

You all know I love me some sweet n savory combos, and I think this is probably the weirdest thing I’ve ever tried, including last week’s spicy sundae—and that’s saying a lot! The bacon adds more of a saltiness than anything, with just a subtle hint of smoky flavor. Although I did enjoy the flavor, it's the overall salty/sweet combo that really enchants me. I think I prefer my chocolate to be more on the chocolaty side for the most part, and will probably reach for more conventional pairs like pretzels or peanut butter in the future. At least with chocolate--not ruling out a spicy sundae repeat! :)

Ingredients include applewood smoked bacon, alderwood smoked salt and deep milk chocolate. I loved the little note on the back of the label:

Word, Katrina. Some things ARE just better with bacon, especially Friday treats and weekend eats.

Hope you all have a good one. I will be getting my move on for the next couple of days, but I have a really yummy recipe scheduled, as well as a fun guest post on another blog (yippee, my first!), so be sure to check back.

Also, as you've heard on all the other blogs, Foodbuzz is hosting its Food Blog Awards, and you all can vote for your favorite blogs in a bunch of different categories. I'd love a nomination, but mostly I just want to encourage everyone to show your favorite bloggers some love and this is an excellent way to support them. I can't wait to cast my vote for my top picks (I just have to remember my dang password for the site, doh!). Love ya ladies! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment