Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Raw Crunch with Organic Dark Chocolate

These have to be close to my favorite bars ever. I've tried the Goji flavor before, and I really enjoyed that one. I finally got my hands on another one this weekend and have been waiting for days to try it out!
This one was a great balance between sweet and salty. The ingredients are so pure that it's kind of like just grabbing a handful of trail mix. This bar is sweetened with a touch of honey and yummy cocoa pieces. My favorite part is probably the tons and tons of pumpkin and flax seeds. And of course the dark chocolate chunks. Duh. Ingredients (all organic): sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, raw honey, cashews, dark chocolate (sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, vanilla beans, soy lecithin), pecans, flax seeds, macadamia nuts, celtic sea salt. These bars are pretty big for only 150 calories which is another thing I love about them. They contain 10 g fat, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein and also 15% DV of vitamin E.

In case you were wondering, while I avoid soy as much as possible, soy lecithin doesn't bother my stomach as much as processed or whole soy...I think. I think it also depends on the day!


I've been slacking in the bar department lately because I've been having trouble finding new flavors or brands that meet my requirements (200 calories or less, good balance of protein, fat, fiber, and most importantly, SOY FREE for my little tummy). So if anyone has some suggestions, I would love for you to pass them along!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm i am not much of a bar eater~but that one sounds good. is the brand "raw crunch"? where did you snag it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janetha, The brand is Raw Crunch and I've only seen them one place here. It's the Good Earth Natural Foods Store in Sandy. I love that place. They always have something new for me to try and a decent raw section, which is where these are located. They have the Artisana raw nut butters that all the blogs show, but they are WAY too pricey for me :)

    ReplyDelete