Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More Baking (with Bananas, Baby!)

Jeez louise, I have been doing a lot of baking lately! Just call me Martha, but in addition to making a sweet little treat for my realtor, I wanted to make something for my new neighbors as well. I figured it's my own little preemptive ice breaker, like, "Don't hate me and steal my garbage cans, I brought baked goods!" type of thing. :) So...I concocted another lovely little recipe with some unfortunately/fortunately gone-by bananas.
Brown Sugar Banana Mini Muffins with Dark Chocolate Chips

  • 1 c. flour

  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder

  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda

  • 2 generous dashes cinnamon

  • 1 tsp. vanilla

  • 1 egg

  • 1 large over ripe banana

  • 1/3 c. brown sugar

  • 1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce

  • 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
Mash banana with a fork. Add egg, vanilla, sugar and applesauce. Mix in dry ingredients until just moistened and then stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-minutes. Makes about 24 mini muffins.

Check out this little bit of banana caramel goodness...
Mmm...chocolaty.
You'll notice that I've been posting a lot of my baking recipes on Foodista as well. This is a great site dedicated to recipe sharing. It has some cool resources and awesome blogging tools like these recipe widgets. I definitely recommend you check them out!
Brown Sugar Banana Mini Muffins With Dark Chocolate Chips on Foodista


















































No comments:

Post a Comment